Canberra Store Manager
The first of its kind in Australia, Gewürzhaus Herb & Spice Merchants is a young and growing food retailer, with four stores in Melbourne, one in Sydney and Canberra. We mill and blend over 100 bespoke spice, herbs, salt, sugar and tea blends for our self-scoop concept stores, supported by high-quality kitchen and homewares crafted predominately in Europe and America, as well as beautiful one-off vintage items.
Check us out on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gewurzhaus/
The role is based at our busy Canberra store.
The Store Manager’s primary role is to facilitate the smooth day-to-day operations of our busy retail store. The Store Manager is responsible for driving and achieving sales budgets as well as ensuring an outstanding level of customer service is delivered at all times. You will lead a medium sized team including an ASM and casuals. Maintaining store presentation & completing visual merchandising updates are expected and you will manage administration & inventory for the store.
Maintaining the brand and business ethics in all of these aspects is of the highest importance.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
- We seek applicants who are passionate about food & cooking and a have a love of working in retail!
- Providing excellent customer service & interaction in a vibrant & busy retail shop is your ideal work environment.
- A strong work ethic, organisation & attention to detail are second nature
- You have a positive, can-do outlook & are a natural problem solver
- You have a solid grounding in cookery techniques & applications. Spice knowledge is a definite bonus!
- You are a confident leader and an inspiring people manager.
- You are an excellent communicator and delegator.
- You are able to independently work to budgets, deadlines, and targets on a daily & weekly basis.
- You are able to remain calm in a fast-paced retail environment and can multi-task with swift efficiency
- Extensive previous retail experience including in a leadership role is a must.
THE OPPORTUNITY TO BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH US – WHAT WE PROVIDE:
- Solid career development with opportunity to grow with us
- Work with inspiring people, focused on building a growing brand in the Canberra market
- Immediate start, hands-on comprehensive training provided
- Generous weekly product allowance
- Discounts on our unique merchandise
- Highly attractive and competitive remuneration package
Please send your CV with cover letter to [email protected] or apply on seek.com.au
In your cover letter, please also answer the following questions:
1.Describe the role food plays in your life, both now and as a child.
2.How do you effectively lead your team?
3.Why are you applying for this role?