30 Minute Butter Chicken
Quick Butter Chicken Blend
1 brown onion, diced
80g salted butter
4 garlic cloves, crushed
140g tomato paste
2 tsp lemon juice
2x tins coconut cream (270ml each, 100% coconut content)
1/2 cup water (optional)
2 chicken breasts or 4 thighs, cut into large chunks
Coriander (as garnish)
Salt to taste
How to Cook
1. Heat a deep saucepan or pot over medium heat.
2. Add butter, once melted, add diced onions and sauté until onions are translucent, for approximately 3-5 minutes.
3. Add garlic and spice, then stir regularly for 1 minute until the mix is fragrant.
4. Next, add in tomato paste, and continue stirring the mixture regularly for a further minute.
5. Pour in the coconut cream and lemon juice, stir to combine, and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer. You can adjust the consistency of the mixture to your desired liking by adding water if desired.
6. Once the mixture is simmering, add in chicken pieces along with any hard vegetables such as carrots or pumpkin, if desired. Turn heat down to low, and return the mixture to a simmer.
7. Continue simmering all ingredients for 10-15 minutes if you are using chicken breasts, or 15-20 minutes if you are using chicken thighs and any hard vegetables. Add in soft vegetables such as cauliflower florets in the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
Garnish dish with coriander leaves. Serve over basmati rice or with garlic naan for dipping.