Asparagus with Soft Boiled Egg and Dukkah
Gewürzhaus Macadamia Nut Dukkah (Savoury)
2 bunches asparagus
2 large free-range eggs, at room temperature
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
Juice of 1 lemon
100 ml macadamia oil
Gewürzhaus Murray River Pink Salt Flakes
2 tbsp soft herbs, chopped (dill, tarragon, chervil are all good)
How to Cook
1. Trim asparagus of woody ends and blanch in plenty of boiling, salted water for 2-3 minutes, then drain and refresh in ice water.
2. Meanwhile, place eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Place on the stove on high heat and bring to the boil.
3. While you are waiting for the water to boil, quickly dry roast the Dukkah in a separate pan, stirring or tossing constantly for up to 1 minute. When aroma becomes quite heady and there are the first signs of the macadamia pieces starting to brown, remove and set aside.
4. As soon as the water is boiling, set a timer for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, immediately drain the water and refresh the eggs in cold water. Crack and peel immediately.
5. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mustard, lemon juice and macadamia oil with freshly ground salt and pepper until emulsified. Roughly break the eggs into the dressing and toss to combine with ¾ of the chopped herbs.
6. Arrange the asparagus on a platter and spoon over the egg mixture. Sprinkle with the Macadamia Nut Dukkah and finish with the remaining herbs.
This also makes a wonderful breakfast dish, especially when served with crispy bacon or chorizo.