Bavarian Spiced Nuts
Bavarian Roast Chicken Spice
50g brown sugar
300g nuts - a mixture of cashews, almonds, pistachios, walnuts and macadamia nuts works well
How to Cook
1. Mix sugar, salt and spice mix in a bowl.
2. Add nuts to a flat pan and dry roast gently for about 5 minutes, shaking the pan, so nuts keep moving.
2. When nuts are lightly browned, add the sugar, salt, spice mix and stirring constantly, caramelize the sugar and coat the nuts. Watch that the mix does not burn.
3. Pour nuts onto some baking paper and let cool
4. Break into small bits and fill into airtight jars
Variation: Use walnuts, macadamias, Brazil nuts and hazelnuts to make low FODMAP.