Bratkartoffel Farmers Breakfast
500g potatoes (waxy, boiling variety)
2 tbsp olive oil
200g Kabana, Kransky or Chorizo sausage (sliced)
2 Red capsicum (diced)
3 spring onion (ends removed & sliced)
3 eggs (cracked open into a small bowl & mixed with a fork)
2 tbsp milk
How to Cook
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add potatoes, lower heat until simmering & cook for approx. 15 mins (potatoes should still be a bit firm). Drain off water.
2. Peel potatoes while hot. Allow to cool & cut into 2-3 cm chunks.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan over MED – HI heat. Add potatoes & fry until they are crunchy, stirring regularly.
4. Toss the potatoes in the Bratkartoffel spice & season to taste.
5. Add sausage slices & keep frying, stirring regularly until everything is nice & brown.
6. Scatter capsicum & spring onions over the top. Mix in gently.
7. In a small bowl whisk the eggs with the milk. Combine well. 8. Turn the heat to MED-LOW & pour the egg mixture into the pan over the potatoes. Heat until the egg is cooked like a pancake.
Serve in the pan or slide onto a serving plate and cut into slices.