Brined Butterflied Crispy Chicken
Australian Chicken Salt
Whole butterflied chicken
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 lemon (sliced)
6 sprigs of thyme
2 sprigs of rosemary
How to Cook
1. Prepare your brine with enough time to let it cool – preferably overnight.
2. Bring all the brine ingredients to a boil & allow to cool completely.
3. Place the butterflied chicken in the brine, covering it completely & chill for 2 1/2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 220°C.
5. Remove chicken from brine & pat dry. Rub with a generous amount of olive oil, coating the skin of the chicken.
6. Strain the aromatics from the brine & place in the bottom of a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil- set aside.
7. Heat a griddle pan or barbeque to HI heat & cook the chicken for 5 mins either side before transferring to the baking tray (breast side up) & roast for an additional 20 mins (alternatively you can leave on the BBQ for around 30 mins).
8. Serve with extra Australian Chicken Salt.