Charred Corn Salad With Chorizo, Lime & Coriander
Chilli Con Carne
4 corn cobs, in the husk
2 chorizos, sliced into 1/2 cm pieces
2 limes, cut in half
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 avocado, sliced
1 bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped with stalks
How to Cook
1. Roughly grind the coriander seeds to a coarse consistency in a mortar & pestle. Set aside.
2. Heat BBQ to MED-HI. Place the corn cobs, husk on, on the barbecue & cook for approx 30 mins, turning a few times, until the husks are mostly charred all the way through.
3. Add chorizo after about 20 mins & barbecue until crisp. Set aside.
4. Place limes, face down on the grill, in the last 5 mins of cooking & chargrill briefly. Set aside.
5. Remove corn from the heat & remove the husks. Use a knife to remove the kernels from the cob & place in a bowl with the chorizo.
6. Briefly dry roast spices in a cast iron pan on the barbecue until fragrant.
7. Add spices, salt, juice of the limes & oil to a small bowl & whisk together.
8. Toss the dressing with the corn. Carefully add the avocado. Season with a pinch of salt &
finish with plenty of fresh coriander.
Serve as a salad or in tortillas with sour cream or yoghurt. Add to black
beans or as a side to carnitas. Enjoy with egg & sourdough for breakfast.