Chermoula Lamb & Couscous Salad
600g lamb loin
1 tsp cracked black pepper
2 carrots, cut into thick rings
1 sweet potato, cut into thick chunks
1⁄4 pumpkin, cut into thick chunks
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 red onion, cut into wedges
1L chicken or vegetable stock
500g pearl couscous
1 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
4 tbsp Gewürzhaus Barberries
Lemon juice to serve
250g Greek yogurt
Salt & pepper to taste
How to Cook
1. Preheat oven at 220°C
2. Rub the lamb with the Chermoula & cracked black pepper, set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of water to boil, parboil vegetables for approx. 10 mins or until you can pierce easily with a fork.
4. Arrange the red onion & parboiled vegetables on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt & pepper. Bake in the oven for 15 mins or until the vegetables caramelise.
5. Place stock & couscous into a large pot & simmer, covered over a LOW – MED heat for approx. 10 mins or until it becomes fluffy. Set aside.
6. Heat oil in a pan over HI heat & sear lamb for 5 mins on each side then rest for 10 mins. (Cooking time for med – rare, adjust time to your liking).
7. In a large serving bowl combine the couscous, vegetables, mint & barberries. Toss gently. Drizzle with olive oil & lemon juice to taste.
8. Slice the lamb & place on top of the couscous salad. Gently toss to combine.
9. Finish with a large dollop of Greek yoghurt & a generous amount of Smoky Almond Dukkah scattered on top.
Serve with extra mint, lemon juice & more dukkah.