Chicken & Prawn Pad Thai
Pad Thai Spice
125g flat rice noodles
3 tbsp coconut sugar
1 ½ tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp tomato sauce
½ tsp tamari sauce
2 tsp lemon juice, extra for serving
2 tbsp hot water
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 ½ tbsp coconut oil
6 raw prawns, peeled with tails on
2 chicken thighs, cut into thin strips
½ large red onion, diced
2 free-range eggs, gently whisked
1 carrot, julienned
1 handful wombok cabbage, finely shredded
1 handful bean sprouts
Small bunch garlic chives, cut into 5cm lengths
⅛ cup dry roasted peanuts, crushed
How to Cook
1. Boil a kettle full of water, once boiled cover noodles in the water and soak for 10 minutes. After the noodles have finished soaking, strain the water and set aside.
2. Next, combine the spice and sugar together in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Combine the fish sauce, tomato sauce, tamari sauce, lemon juice, hot water and peanut butter together and mix well. Set aside.
4. Arrange all the remaining prepared ingredients next to your cooking area.
1. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok on medium heat.
2. Fry off prawns briefly on each side, then add chicken and onion. Stirring constantly, until just cooked, this should take approximately 3 minutes.
3. Add spice and sugar mix and stir through. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add noodles and wet ingredients. Toss through and stir constantly for 1 minute.
5. Push everything to one side of the wok. Add the remaining oil to the wok. Pour in eggs to cover as much of the wok as possible. Push the noodles onto the eggs and leave to cook under the noodles for 1 minute.
6. Begin moving your ingredients in the wok, ensuring the eggs have been tossed through the noodles.
7. Add vegetables and toss through noodles until combined, for approximately 1 minute.
Garnish with crushed peanuts, chilli salt and lemon juice.