Chicken Thighs with Chimichurri Sauce and Cauliflower Couscous
1kg free range chicken thighs (bone in and skin on)
4 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
Juice from one large lemon
For the Cauliflower Couscous:
½ cup toasted cashews
1 clove garlic, minced
4 tbps olive oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
Pinch of Gewürzhaus Murray River Pink Salt (to taste)
How to Cook
- Combine the spice, olive oil, lemon juice and red wine vinegar in a small bowl and leave for at least 10 min for the flavours to develop.
- Preheat the BBQ or a grill pan on your stove, then toast the cashews.
- Coat the chicken thighs in Chimichurri sauce, (keeping a few tsp for serving) and set aside for a further 10 min (or longer if possible) to marinate, in the meantime, roughly chop the barberries and the cashews.
- Place the chicken, skin side down, on the BBQ or in the pan and cook for about 5 min or until the skin is golden and crisp, then cook for a further 5 min on the other side.
- Turn the heat to low and continue to cook for another 20 min with the hood down or the pan covered loosely in foil, until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, break the cauliflower into florets and cut away as much of the stalk as you can.
- Place half the florets in a food processor and blitz until the cauliflower resembles couscous, be careful not to be left with a puree consistency; then repeat with the other half.
- Heat a large pan on the stove and add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add the blitzed cauliflower and garlic and cook over a medium heat for about 6 min, then combine cauliflower, remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, cashews, barberries, Chimichurri, parsley and salt in a large bowl.
- Transfer the chicken and the cauliflower couscous to a serving plate and drizzle with the remaining Chimichurri sauce. Serve with Greek yoghurt and extra parsley for garnish.