Chimichurri Bean Bowl with Corn Salsa
2 tbsp. canola oil
2 corn tortillas, cut into strips
4 corn cobs
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 x 400g cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 x 400g canned tomatoes, crushed
Gewürzhaus Murray River Pink Salt (to taste)
Extra lime wedges to serve
How to Cook
1. Soak the guajillo chillies in 1 ½ cups of boiling water for 30 min.
2. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over high heat, then fry the tortilla strips for about a minute or until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside on a piece of paper towel.
3. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, cook the corn cobs for 10 min, then drain and set them aside to cool. Cut the kernels off the cobs.
4. Deseed and dice the tomatoes, coarsely chop the coriander and slice the avocado. Set aside.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together one tbsp Chimichurri spice, lime juice, and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
6. In a food processor, blend the guajillo chillies with one cup of the soaking liquid and the red wine vinegar until smooth.
7. On the stove, heat the remaining tbsp olive oil in a medium pan, cook the black beans with the garlic for a minute before combining with the chilli mixture, the remaining tbsp of Chimichurri spice and crushed tomatoes. Bring to the boil and then simmer, uncovered, for 20 min until the sauce has reduced and thickened. You will need to stir occasionally. Season with salt to taste.
8. Combine the tomatoes and corn with the coriander leaves and toss with the Chimichurri and lime dressing.
To serve, first spoon the beans into the bowl, then arrange the corn salsa, avocado, crispy tortillas and extra lime wedges around the beans.