Fettucine in Porcini Garlic Sauce
1 cup boiling hot water
3 tbsp unsalted butter
3 large garlic cloves, chopped
250g egg fettucine
200g fresh brown mushrooms, sliced
Finely grated fresh lemon zest of 1 lemon
Fresh lemon juice of ½ a lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
Flat-leaf parsley to serve
Parmesan cheese, grated, to serve
How to Cook
For the Pasta:
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Only add the pasta into the pot when you are ready to cook the mushrooms.
2. Follow pasta packet instructions and cook pasta, minus 1 minute. RESERVE 1 cup of pasta-cooking liquid for later. Drain pasta to stop the cooking process.
For the Mushrooms:
1. Soak dried Funghi Porcini Mushrooms in boiling-hot water for about 15-20 minutes. Remove mushrooms and finely slice, reserving the soaking liquid.
2. Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Sauté fresh mushrooms with garlic until the water that the mushrooms give off evaporates – around 5 minutes.
4. Add chopped soaked mushrooms and remaining butter, stir until melted – around 30 seconds.
5. Add reserved mushroom-soaking liquid and simmer for 1 minute.
6. Add drained pasta to mushrooms in skillet, cooking over moderately high heat. Add lemon juice and zest, tossing and adding some reserved pasta-cooking liquid if necessary to lightly coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste
Serve immediately, garnished with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.