Fish Spice for Sauces
500g white fish (we used rockling) pin boned, skin off, diced 2cm.
5-6 medium sized sebago (or mashing) potatoes
1 brown onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small bulb fennel, sliced
1 stalk celery, sliced
Small handful chopped dill
Small handful chopped parsley
1/4 cup white wine
125ml fish stock
1/4 cup milk
How to Cook
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and read the whole recipe!
2. Place the fish, herbs, 1tbsp Fish Spice for Sauces and enough olive oil to coat in a bowl, com-
bine and set aside in the fridge.
3. Wash potatoes and place on tray, cook in oven until soft and fluffy on inside (around 45min).
4. Saute onion, garlic, celery and fennel in a saucepan on low to medium heat for about 5 minutes until soft. Add remaining Fish Spice for Sauces and allow to slightly caramelise.
5. Deglaze with white wine, add stock and milk. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
6. Take potatoes out and peel quickly, add 1-2 tbsp butter and the Garlic Lovers Spice and mash roughly.
7. Add fish and a few cubes of butter to the sauce, simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Put the potato mixture on top of the fish mixture (if your pan allows it, otherwise transfer to a small baking dish), place in oven, cook for a further 10 minutes.
Serve with a fresh lemon wedge and a green salad.
Finish with a fresh lemon wedge and a green salad.