Garlic Lovers’ Cheese Sticks
Garlic Lovers' Spice
3 sheets chilled puff pastry*
40g finely grated Parmesan
60g butter, softened
*We used frozen, pre-rolled, store bought pastry (24cm square, 2mm thick)
How to Cook
1. Layout the first sheet of puff pastry, brush with butter liberally.
2. Sprinkle half the spice evenly on top of the sheet, then sprinkle on half the Parmesan.
3. Butter next sheet and lay buttered side down on top of the first sheet.
4. Brush the back of the sheet with more butter, then repeat steps 2 and 3.
5. Using a rolling pin, lightly roll over the pastry until the layers have compressed and are forged together, you should only reduce the height by 1mm or less.
6. Cut in half lengthways, then cut into thin, 1cm wide strips.
7. Place on to a baking tray lined with baking paper, leaving a small gap between each strip.
8. Place another piece of baking paper on the top of the strips, followed by another baking tray. This will help the pastry to cook evenly and prevent the pasty from rising.
9. Bake at 200°C for 20 minutes.
10. Remove the top baking tray and paper, rotate the tray and return to the oven for a further 15min or until evenly golden brown through all layers. If the pastry is browning too much on the top, reduce the heat to 180 degrees.