Glazed Christmas Ham
BBQ Glaze Spice
Leg of ham, approx 3kg
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup good quality honey
Whole cloves, to stud
How to Cook
1. Place BBQ Glaze Spice, apple cider vinegar and honey in a saucepan over low heat, stirring to combine or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat, set aside until needed.
2. Preheat oven to 200°C when ready to glaze ham.
3. Remove the skin being careful not to tear the fat. Use a sharp knife to score the fat, without cutting all the way through to the meat. Score the fat diagonally, creating a diamond pattern if you like, then stud the centers of the diamonds with cloves.
4. Transfer the ham onto a wire rack above a baking dish filled with 2 cm of water. This prevents the glaze from burning as it drips down the ham throughout the basting process.
5. Brush ham generously with glaze then bake, basting every 5-10 minutes for 30-40 minutes until golden and sticky. Cover with foil if glaze is beginning to burn.