Grilled Immunity Chicken & Buttery Mash
3 chicken thighs
Extra virgin olive oil
5 med potatoes, peeled & diced
30g salted butter
Large dollop sour cream
1 small brown onion, diced
4 large swiss brown mushrooms, cut in half then sliced
1/4 large red capsicum, diced to 1cm pieces
1 sprig fresh parsley, finely chopped
50g baby spinach
How to Cook
1. Place chicken in a small bowl. Add 11/2 tsp Immunity Blend, 3/8 tsp salt and 3 tsp EVOO and massage into the chicken on both sides. Set aside to marinade.
2. Place the potatoes in a medium-sized pot filled with enough cold water to cover the tops and 1 tsp of salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce to rolling simmer and cook for 15 mins.
3. In the meantime, heat a generous glug of EVOO in a large cast-iron pan on MED heat. Fry off onion and mushrooms, then add capsicum and parsley after about 10 mins. Stir and continue to fry gently until all the ingredients are soft and browning. Add 1/4 tsp salt and spinach. Stir and cook a further 5 mins. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
4. Check the potatoes are nice and soft, drain, retaining some of the cooking liquid in the pot. Add butter, sour cream and 1/4 tsp salt, and mash.
5. Add more EVOO to the pan you used for the vegetables, sear chicken on one side and fry gently for approx. 10 mins or until golden brown. Repeat on other side.
6. Push chicken aside and add mushroom mix to briefly reheat before serving (Don’t skip this step as the mix will deglaze the pan and flavour the vegetables).