Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger
Melbourne Coffee Meat Rub
4 Portobello mushroom caps
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion
4 Swiss cheese slices
Approx. 150g Baby spinach
4 tiger crust rolls
How to Cook
1. In a large bowl, mix together soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and Melbourne Coffee Meat Rub.
2. Place the mushroom caps in the bowl and evenly coat. Once coated, cover with cling wrap and leave to marinate for 30 mins. at room temperature.
3. Grill mushrooms on a medium heat on your BBQ, in a skillet or in your oven grill.
4. Grill 5-7 mins on each side or until tender, frequently basting with the reserved marinade.
5. Top the mushrooms with Swiss cheese during the last minute of cooking.
6. To finish, place baby spinach and Portobello mushrooms on the bun with sliced tomato, sliced onion and avocado.
Try this recipe with chicken or beef, with grilled pineapple and a sprinkle of Gewürzhaus Chilli Salt.