Hot Cross Bun Spiced Toasted Muesli
Hot Cross Bun Spice
2 ½ cups rolled oats
1 cup mixed nuts (sliced almonds, sunflower seeds, pepitas, chopped pecans or walnuts)
½ cup high quality maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup dried fruit (apple, cranberries, raisins work best)
How to Cook
1. Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts and spice together and toss the ingredients with a spatula until well mixed. Set dried fruit aside for now.
3. Add in the maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet until they are evenly coated with the maple syrup.
4. Spread the mixture out onto the baking tray in a thin, even layer. Toast the mixture for 12-15 minutes, stirring once every 4-5 minutes, until the oats and nuts begin turning golden.
5. When the mixture is dry, fragrant and toasted, remove the tray from the oven. Once the muesli is cooled, stir in the dried fruits.
6. Scoop the muesli into airtight mason jars or a large container.
Best enjoyed with cold milk or plain natural / Greek yoghurt.