Smoky Almond Dukkah Crusted Lamb Rack
Smoky Almond Dukkah
2 lamb racks (trimmed, 8-point)
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
6-8 shallots, peeled and halved
½ cup red wine
1 cup beef stock
1-2 tbsp Salt
2 knobs of butter
extra virgin olive oil
How to Cook
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C (fan-forced).
2. Place an ovenproof pan on HI heat, heat until almost smoking.
3. Meanwhile, rub the salt all over lamb to season. Add a good glug of EVOO to the hot pan, carefully place lamb flesh side down & sear for 2-3 min or until golden. Turn lamb over & repeat until golden on all sides.
4. Remove lamb from pan & place on a plate to rest for 2-3 mins.
5. Remove pan from heat, add the shallots & coat in the pan juices. Arrange shallots to the middle of the pan, set aside.
6. Smear the Dijon evenly on each lamb rack, covering the meat & not the bones. Sprinkle dukkah generously to cover the Dijon evenly, pressing down to form a nice crust.
7. Lay lamb onto the shallots & place in oven to cook for 15-25 min, or until cooked to your liking. Using a meat thermometer 65°C will give you a perfect medium.
8. Once cooked, place lamb on a plate, cover with foil & leave to rest. Leave shallots in the pan, along with the juices from lamb.
9. Place pan back on HI heat, deglaze with red wine, add the stock & bring to a simmer for 3-5 min until reduced.
10. Remove sauce from heat, add butter & stir through.
11. Once rested, carve lamb carefully into cutlets. Serve shallots from the pan & finish with sauce. Perfect with steamed Kipfler potatoes & green beans.