Mayan Chilli Spiced Chocolate Mousse
80% Dark Chocolate with Mayan Chilli Spice
3 free range eggs
150g high quality plain milk chocolate
300ml thickened cream, plus optional extra for serving
How to Cook
You will need four separate mixing bowls for this recipe – one of which needs to be enamel, glass or metal for melting the chocolate in. Please ensure that the bowl and beaters for the egg whites are absolutely clean and dry.
1. Melt both kinds of chocolate in bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, then set aside to cool.
2. Separate two eggs, putting yolks in the larger bowl and egg whites in another.
3. Into the bowl with the egg yolks, add sugar and the remaining whole egg and whisk until thick and pale.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk cream until peaks form.
5. Wash and dry your beaters before whisking the egg whites into soft peaks.
6. Stir chocolate into yolk mixture, fold in cream and then finally fold in the egg whites.
7. Gently scoop into individual cups or a larger serving dish and refrigerate for 4-6 hours to set.
Serve with an extra dollop of whipped cream, sprinkled with Masala Chai Sugar.