Venetian Gondola Spice
¼ cup olive oil
1 tbsp butter
2 brown onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 carrot, diced
1 stick celery, diced
100g pork rind
100g parmesan rind
1 bay leaf
½ a cup of passata
1.5L chicken, veg or light veal stock
1 large zucchini, diced
¼ cabbage, shredded
100g green beans, chopped
500g of dried borlotti beans, soaked
Salt, pepper and parmesan for garnish
How to Cook
1. Heat olive oil and butter in a stockpot until the butter starts to foam, then add onion and garlic and cook gently until onion is soft.
2. Add spice, carrot, celery and pork rind and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add borlotti beans, parmesan, bay, passata, parmesan rind and stock.
3. Cover and simmer for 1.5 hours.
4. Add zucchini, beans and cabbage simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Remove cheese and pork rind, season.
Serve with prepared pesto tortellini, freshly grated parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.