Moroccan Apricot Chicken Traybake
Moroccan Souk Spice
5 sprigs parsely (chopped)
3/4 cup whole dried apricots
1 garlic bulb, cut in half horizontally
1 tbsp salted capers
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup honey
2 bay leaves
500g chicken thigh fillets, cut into chunks
1 medium onion, peeled & quartered
4 cups diced butternut pumpkin, peeled
1 tin chickpeas
Greek yogurt, to serve
How to Cook
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced)
2. Soak the saffron in 2 tbsp of hot water for 30 mins.
3. Thinly peel the zest of 1 orange into ribbons and juice both oranges.
4. Drain the chickpeas (keep liquid for our Maple and Nutmeg Whiskey Sour recipe)
5. In a large, deep baking tray, combine all ingredients, including the saffron and water, mix together thoroughly.
6. Bake for 20 mins, then turn and bake a further 20 mins.
Season to taste and enjoy with Greek yoghurt.