Moroccan Apricot Chicken Traybake
Moroccan Souk Spice
Zest of 1 orange
Juice of 2 oranges
5 sprigs parsely (chopped)
3/4 cup whole dried apricots
1 garlic bulb, cut in half horizontally
1 tbsp salted capers
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup honey
2 bay leaves
500g chicken thigh fillets, cut into chunks
1 medium onion, peeled & quartered
4 cups diced butternut pumpkin, peeled
1 tin chickpeas
Greek yogurt, to serve
How to Cook
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (fan-forced)
2. In a large, deep baking tray, combine orange zest, orange juice, parsley, apricots, Moroccan Souk Spice, ginger powder, thyme, saffron, garlic, capers, vinegar, olive oil & honey.
3. Mix with a wooden spoon so that the honey & spices coat the rest of the ingredients.
4. Add the bay leaves, chicken, onion, pumpkin & drained chickpeas (save the liquid for our Whisky Sour recipe!)
5. Mix again so that all the ingredients in the tray have been coated in the honey & spice.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 mins. Then turn the chicken & vegetables, place back in the oven & bake for a further 20 mins.
Season to taste and enjoy with Greek yoghurt.