Mushroom, Pine Nut & Rosemary Tart
Goddess of Hunting
For the pastry:
150ml olive oil
300g (2 cups) plain flour
5 tbsp chilled water
For the mushroom filling:
500g button mushrooms, cleaned & halved
1 leek, thinly sliced
3 red onions, thinly sliced
4 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp pine nuts
2 tbsp fresh rosemary
1 tbsp fine semolina
Extra pine nuts for garnish
How to Cook
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a round 25-30cm tart tin with a removable base with olive oil.
To prepare pastry:
1. Place the flour, salt, dried rosemary, olive oil and water into a large bowl. Mix well with a wooden spoon until the dough comes together. Then knead with your hands until it is soft and pliable.
2. Place the dough in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
To prepare filling:
1. Add the olive oil to a large pan and place on MED heat. Sauté the onions and leeks gently for approximately 5 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms, Goddess of Hunting, 30ml water and salt. Gently sauté for a further 2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat. Add the pine nuts and freshly chopped rosemary. Stir through semolina.
1. Prepare 2 large sheets of baking paper. Place the dough between the sheets and roll out to approximately 1cm in thickness. The diameter should be slightly larger than your tart tin.
2. Remove the top sheet of paper. Gently roll up the dough onto your rolling pin, lift and place the dough into the tin.
3. Press the pastry gently up the sides of the tart tin and trim any excess.
4. Spread the filling evenly over the pastry. Place your tart tin on a large baking tray and put in the oven on the lowest rack. Bake the tart for 40 minutes, or until pastry is golden. Allow the pastry to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Sprinkle freshly chopped rosemary and pine nuts.