Polenta Chips with Togarashi Mayo
Australian Chicken Salt
4 cups stock (chicken or vegetable)
2 cups water
1 ½ cups polenta
¾ cup grated Parmesan
2 tbsp good quality mayonnaise
How to Cook
1. Bring stock and water to the boil in a large pot.
2. Add polenta, Australian Chicken Salt and Garlic Lovers Spice, whisking continuously until thickened (about 6-8 minutes).
3. Stir through Parmesan and spread out onto a lined tray to a thickness of about 1cm.
4. Place another piece of baking paper on top of the polenta and gently press down to smooth and stop the exposed side from drying out.
5. Refrigerate until cool, about 2-3 hours or allow to cool overnight.
6. Once cooled, slice polenta into 1cm strips and cut again to about 5-6cm long “chip-sized” pieces.
7. Pre-heat oven to 230 degrees and line a flat, standard-size baking tray with baking paper.
8. Gently toss the chips in olive oil and bake for 10 minutes in the oven before moving to the grill for 10-12 minutes (turning once in the middle).
To serve, mix half of the Shichimi Togarashi with the mayonnaise and top with the remainder. Polenta chips are best eaten immediately. Enjoy!