Portobello Mushrooms with Chimichurri Avocado
6 Portobello mushrooms, large
¼ cup olive oil (allow extra for cooking mushrooms)
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. lemon juice
Fresh parsley, half bunch
Lemon wedges to serve
How to Cook
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Trim mushroom stalks and brush them clean with a mushroom brush.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Garlic Lovers’ Spice, paprika, pepper, balsamic vinegar and half of the olive oil. Set aside for 10 min for the flavours to develop. After this, add the mushrooms and marinate for 10 min.
- Using a pastry brush make sure all mushrooms are well coated.
- While they marinate, dice the avocado and roughly chop the parsley.
- In a bowl, gently toss the avocado with the parsley, lemon juice, Chimichurri and the remaining olive oil.
- Heat the oil over medium-high and cook the mushrooms for about 4 min on each side, or until they are golden.
- Transfer them to the oven to bake for an additional 5-6 min to cook through.
Serve the mushrooms topped with the avocado mix and extra lemon wedges on the side.