Pumpkin and Chickpea Salad
Moroccan Souk Spice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large yellow onion, sliced into rings
4 cups diced pumpkin
2 cups diced tomatoes
1 cup water
1½ cups canned chickpeas, drained & rinsed
Greek yoghurt and fresh herbs to serve
How to Cook
1. Heat oil in a large pot over a medium heat.
2. Sauté sliced onion until soft (approx. 5 minutes).
3. Add Moroccan Souk Spice and stir to release fragrances.
4. Pour in tomatoes, water and chickpeas, then cover the pot with a lid and bring to a gentle boil.
5. Once ingredients in the pot are bubbling, lower to medium heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally, adding more water as needed, 1 tbsp at a time.
6. Add pumpkin and cook for a further 15-20 minutes, stirring gently.
Serve with fresh herbs, top with Greek yoghurt and cracked pepper to taste.