Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Chimichurri
90ml olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups premium vegetable stock
2 cups water
2 tbsp. thickened cream (plus extra to serve)
Juice from half a lemon
Salt and pepper (to taste)
How to Cook
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a large tray with baking paper.
2. Break the cauliflower into florets and toss with the cumin, nutmeg and 2 tbsp of olive oil.
3. Place the cauliflower onto the baking tray in a single layer and bake for about 15 min, until the cauliflower is tender.
4. While it is roasting, combine 2 tbsp of olive oil with the Chimichurri Spice and lemon juice.
5. Heat another tbsp of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and cook the onion, celery and garlic for about 5 min or until softened, but not browned.
6. Add the roasted cauliflower, bay leaves, water and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 min, then remove the bay leaves and with a blender, puree the soup in batches.
7. Return it to the saucepan and over a low heat, stir in the cream.
Serve the soup with a generous swirl of chimichurri sauce and a drizzle of cream. Season to taste.