Roasted Fennel, Apple & Almond Soup
1/2 cup almonds
2 apples, cored & quartered
1 litre 24 Hour Chicken Broth
1 leek, halved length ways & cut into thirds
1 fennel bulb, cut into 4-5 flat segments
1 tsp maple syrup
extra virgin olive oil
How to Cook
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (conventional).
2. Dry roast almonds in a baking tray for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Grease the base of a large baking tray with olive oil. Place vegetables in the tray, drizzle generously with more olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper across the spread and drizzle 1 tsp maple syrup mainly onto fennel.
4. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until starting to brown. Let cool for 10 minutes.
5. In the meantime, heat chicken broth to a drinkable temperature in a saucepan on medium heat.
6. Blitz the vegetables in a food processor, add broth and spice. Blitz until smooth and silky.