Roasted Tomato, Eggplant & Feta Salad
Garlic Lovers Spice
2 red onions, peeled & quartered
10-12 cherry tomatoes on the vine
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large eggplant
1 large zucchini
1/2 bunch fresh basil & flat leaf parsley (leaves picked)
1/2 cup walnuts
How to Cook
1. Heat oven 190°C (conventional).
2. Place onions & cherry tomatoes on a lined baking tray & coat lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle tomatoes with sumac. 3. Roast in the oven for 20 mins or until onions begin to caramelize & the tomato skins are soft & beginning to wrinkle.
4. Set aside.
5. Slice eggplant & zucchini into 1 cm circles. Mix olive oil with Garlic Lovers Spice & brush over the vegetables. Season to taste & cook on a griddle pan until soft.
6. To serve, assemble warm eggplant & zucchini on a serving platter (overlapping slightly), then add the roasted onion & fresh herbs.
7. Scatter walnuts evenly over the salad along with crumbled feta. Season to taste.
8. Place the roasted tomatoes carefully on the top, then drizzle with olive oil & finish with an extra sprinkle of sumac.