2 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion (finely chopped)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
2 red bell peppers (diced)
800g whole ripe tomatoes diced (approx. 5 large) or whole canned tomatoes
Salt & pepper to season
4-8 eggs depending on the number of serves & hunger
3 tbsp fresh parsley (roughly chopped)
How to Cook
1. Heat oil in a large frypan over MED heat.
2. Lower the heat slightly, add the spice & fry for approx. 1 min, or until the aroma releases.
3. Add the onions, sauté for 2 mins or until soft & translucent.
4. Add the garlic & bell peppers, increase heat to MED-HI. Cook for 8-10 mins until the peppers soften & caramelise. Stir regularly.
5. Add tomatoes (including juice if using canned), roughly crush them in the pan. Season with salt & pepper. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down & simmer for a further 10 mins, stirring occasionally. The tomatoes will soften and develop into a thick sauce.
6. On a LOW heat, make 4-8 small pockets in the sauce with the back of a spoon & carefully crack in the eggs.
7. Season eggs with salt & pepper. Cook on LOW for 10-12 mins or until the whites set.
8. Remove from heat & garnish with parsley.
Serve with fresh crusty bread & a dollop of thick natural yoghurt.