Simple Tomato Pasta
Venetian Gondola Spice
2 tbsp olive oil
800gm can whole peeled tomatoes
300 ml water
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
How to Cook
1. Separate the tomatoes from their liquid and reserve liquid for later.
2. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, over medium heat.
3. Lower the heat and add in the tomatoes. Cook for 5 mins, tossing occasionally to cook evenly.
4. Break up the tomatoes into smaller pieces, releasing their juices.
5. Add the Venetian Gondola Spice, getting an even mix of the dried garlic, onion and herbs. Stir through and cook for 5 mins. You may wish to break up any large garlic pieces, once soft.
6. Add the salt, water and tomato liquid. Reduce the heat to very low. Leave to simmer for 45 minutes, with the lid off. This will allow the sauce to reduce and become rich. Stir occasionally.
7. Add the red wine vinegar and stir through. Cook for another 5 minutes.
Toss your favourite, cooked pasta through the sauce.
Serve with grated Parmigiano Reggiano. For heat, serve with a sprinkling of Gewürzhaus Chilli Salt.