Smoky Almond Dukkah Fattoush
Smoky Almond Dukkah
1 cos or gem lettuce
4 spring onions, finely sliced
2 – 3 radishes, finely sliced
1 cucumber, finely sliced
250g grape tomatoes, quartered
1 handful of parsley (or coriander), roughly chopped
Large handful of mint, roughly chopped
2 pita bread
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper
How to Cook
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Tear the larger lettuce leaves & separate the smaller center leaves into a bowl.
3. Add spring onions, radishes, cucumber, tomatoes along with the mint & parsley (or coriander) to the bowl.
4. Cut the pita bread into triangles, arrange on a baking tray & drizzle with olive oil before lightly toasting for 5 mins. After 5 mins toss to turn them & sprinkle with the Smoky Almond Dukkah before toasting for a further 5 mins (being careful not to burn the dukkah).
5. In a small bowl whisk the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt & pepper to taste then pour over the salad ingredients & toss together so everything is coated in dressing.
6. Arrange half of the pita on a platter & half of the sliced avocado, sprinkle with sumac then layer over the salad ingredients.
Finish with the rest of the pita, avocado & more sumac.