Spiced Cauliflower and Quinoa Salad with Green Chilli and Yoghurt Dressing
Gewürzhaus Garam Masala
½ head cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 red onion, sliced
1 cup quinoa, washed thoroughly
½ cup natural yoghurt
1 – 2 green chillies, thinly sliced
Juice of ½ lemon
½ cup fresh mint leaves
½ cup fresh parsley leaves
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ cup slivered almonds
How to Cook
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C and place a roasting tray inside to warm.
2. Heat a splash of oil in a large frypan, add the onion and a pinch of salt and cook until slightly softened. Add the cauliflower and the Garam Masala and increase heat to high. Toss the pan a few times to make sure cauliflower and onion are evenly coated with the spice mixture. Transfer to roasting tray and cook in oven for 10-15 minutes or until cauliflower is slightly charred, and cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, cook quinoa in a saucepan of boiling, salted water until al dente (about 10-15 minutes). Drain and set aside.
4. Combine yoghurt, chilli, lemon, minced garlic and amchur in a small bowl. Chop half the mint and parsley and stir through the yoghurt dressing. Season to taste.
5. In small frypan over medium heat, toast the almonds until golden brown – about 5 minutes –, tossing the pan frequently to evenly distribute the heat.
Combine cauliflower, almonds and quinoa in a bowl, with a good lug of extra virgin olive oil and a spoonful of the dressing. Season to taste. At the last minute before serving, stir through the remaining mint and parsley leaves and serve, drizzled with the remaining dressing.