Sri Lankan Beetroot Curry
Sri Lankan Curry Blend
500g fresh beetroot
2 green chillies
½ medium brown onion
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
3 tsp white vinegar
2 tbsp coconut oil
300ml coconut milk
How to Cook
1. Peel the beetroot. Cut into round slices & then cut into fine matchstick-sized strips.
2. Slice the onion & green chillies (include seeds for extra heat).
3. Put all the beetroot in a medium-size bowl. Add curry blend, Chilli Kashmiri, vinegar & salt. Mix well.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add curry leaves, onion, green chilli & garlic. Fry for a few mins until fragrant.
5. Add beetroot, sweat down for a few mins then add water.
6. Cook on a MED heat for 5-10 mins.
7. Add coconut milk, continue to cook gently until the beetroot is soft.
Serve with steamed rice & flatbread.