Steamed Christmas Pudding
Christmas Cake & Pudding Spice
300g mixed dried fruits, raisins, currants, sultanas, prunes (chopped), cherries
75g candied citrus rind (mixed orange and lemon)
140g breadcrumbs (fresh)
125g butter grated/cold
80g plain flour
30g almond meal
1 granny smith apple, peeled and grated
1 orange zest and juice
½ tsp salt
How to Cook
1. Mix dried and candied fruit with brandy and half of Christmas Cake & Pudding Spice, leave overnight to steep.
2. Mix all ingredients together and combine until smooth.
3. Place mix into a buttered pudding mould. Cover the surface of the pudding mixture with a round sheet of baking paper. Then cover the pudding mould with two layers of foil. Tie the edges with string to ensure they stay in place throughout steaming.
4. Place the mould in a saucepan of boiling water, ensuring the water comes halfway up the mould. Place the lid on the saucepan and steam for 6 hours, ensuring the water is topped up along the way.
5. Allow to cool completely, before wrapping the mould in plastic wrap and then a tea towel. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, securely cover pudding mould with foil. Place in a saucepan and steam for 3 hours.