Sticky BBQ Pork Ribs
BBQ Glaze Spice
1 pork rib rack (about 500g)
1/4 cup tomato sauce
3 tsp worcestershire sauce
3 tsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup chicken or beef stock
How to Cook
1. To prepare the ribs: Make sure the membrane, covering the bone side of the rack gets removed. Slide a sharp knife under the membrane. Lift and loosen the membrane, then grab the edge of the membrane with a paper towel and pull it off.
2. Combine all ingredients except the ribs together in a large roasting tray. Add ribs, cutting some if necessary so they snugly fit. Coat all sides in the marinade evenly then leave curved-side down.
3. Cover with foil to marinade in the fridge for a few hours, or overnight to let the ribs soak up all the flavours.
4. Pre-heat oven to 180⁰C. Place the foil-wrapped roasting tray in the oven and cook for about 1½ hours to 2 hours, until the meat is tender.
5. Remove ribs and pour the remaining sauce from the roasting tray into a small saucepan. Reduce on low heat until it becomes a sticky glaze consistency.
6. Preheat a barbecue grill on medium. Cook ribs, turning and basting with the sticky glaze until caramelised, sticky and slightly charred each side.
7. Transfer to a chopping board to rest before carving and serving.