Sweet Macadamia Dukkah & Strawberry Panna Cotta
Sweet Macadamia Dukkah
1 punnet (250g) of strawberries (hulled & quartered)
30g + 1 ½ tbsp caster sugar
300ml thickened cream
200ml full cream milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp gelatine powder
How to Cook
1. Toss the strawberries with 1 ½ tbsp of sugar and the lemon myrtle in a bowl – cover & set aside to macerate.
2. Mix the gelatine powder with 3 tbsp of cold water and set aside to bloom.
3. Heat the milk, cream, vanilla & remaining sugar in a saucepan until almost boiling.
4. Turn off the heat and immediately stir in the gelatine, continue to stir until completely dissolved.
5. Strain the mixture into a jug and allow to cool to room temperature (It’s important not to put the mixture in the fridge too quickly or it can separate).
6. Stir gently before pouring the mixture into glasses and refrigerating until set (3-4 hours at least).
7. Once set, remove the Panna Cotta from the fridge and top generously with the macerated strawberries and sprinkle over the Sweet Macadamia Dukkah.