Tex Mex Chicken Tacos with Guacamole and Grilled Pineapple
1 free range chicken (1.2kg)
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 roma tomatoes
½ bunch of coriander
¼ fresh pineapple
How to Cook
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Mix the spice with enough olive oil to make a paste. Cut 3 slashes into each of the chicken legs, right down to the bone. Rub the paste over the chicken, making sure to get into every gap. Cut one of the limes in half and place the pieces inside the cavity of the bird. If possible, let the chicken marinate in the fridge for several hours so that the flavours can penetrate.
3. Put the chicken into a greased baking dish and cook in the oven for 1 hour, or until it is golden and cooked all the way through.
4. After cooling down, shred the meat and mix with the vinegar, any roasting juices from the pan and juice from the second lime.
5. Mash avocado with the guacamole spice and set aside, deseed and dice the tomatoes and pick the leaves from the coriander.
6. Prepare the pineapple, cut 2cm thick slices and grill them on a hot griddle pan for about 1 min on each side. Then cut them into small pieces, so they will fit easily in the tacos.
If using a normal pan place a little water in with the pineapple while cooking. If Pineapple is not as sweet add a sprinkle of caster sugar to achieve needed sweetness.
To assemble the tacos, fill each tortilla with some of the guacamole, shredded chicken, tomato, coriander leaves and grilled pineapple. Serve with lime wedges and if you like your food very spicy, add a 1 drop or 2 our hot sauce (with caution).