Thai Beef Noodle Salad
Pad Thai Spice
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp light soy sauce
400g beef rump steak
125g Vermicelli noodles
For the dressing:
3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp light soy sauce
2cm ginger, grated
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp sesame oil
½ cup peanut oil
1 spring onion, chopped
For the salad:
150g mixed salad leaves
4 baby cucumbers, thinly sliced
250g cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp roasted peanuts, crushed
Fresh mint, to serve
1 red chilli, thinly sliced to serve
Juice of ½ a lime
How to Cook
Thai Beef Salad is eaten as one of the main dishes. This aromatic Asian salad is a combination of freshness, flavour and spice in one complete tasty meal.
1. Marinate the beef in the soy sauce and 2 teaspoons of sesame oil. Set aside while preparing your other ingredients.
2. Place the noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water for 3-5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Strain water and set aside.
To make the dressing:
1. In a medium bowl or jug combine the vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, spice, ginger and garlic.
2. Slowly drizzle in the sesame and peanut oil, whisking constantly so that dressing will emulsify.
3. When the dressing is combined, add sesame seeds and spring onions. Set aside.
To make the salad:
1. Heat a griddle pan over high heat. Add beef and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and let rest for 2 minutes.
2. Once the beef has rested, thinly slice and set aside.
3. In a large salad bowl, toss the salad leaves, cucumber, tomatoes and beef together.
4. Refresh the noodles under cold water and drain again. Gently toss through the salad.
5. Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
Sprinkle with roasted peanuts, fresh mint, red chilli and squeeze over the juice of ½ a lime.