Vegetarian Butter Chicken
Quick Butter Chicken Blend
1 brown onion, diced
80g coconut oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed
140g tomato paste
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tins coconut cream (270ml each, 100% coconut content)
½ cup water (optional)
3 cups of mixed vegetables – pumpkin, carrots, cauliflower, green beans
Coriander (as garnish)
Salt to taste
How to Cook
1. Heat a deep saucepan or pot over MED heat.
2. Add coconut oil, once melted, add diced onions and sauté until onions are translucent, for approximately 3-5 minutes.
3. Add garlic and spice, then stir regularly for 1 minute until the mix is fragrant.
4. Next, add tomato paste, continue stirring the mixture regularly for a further minute.
5. Pour in the coconut cream and lemon juice, stir to combine, bring the mixture to a gentle simmer. You can adjust the consistency of the mixture to your liking by adding water if desired.
6. Once the mixture is simmering, add any hard vegetables such as carrots or pumpkin. Turn heat down to LOW, return to a simmer.
7. Continue simmering all ingredients for 15-20 minutes until vegetables have softened. Add remaining vegetables such as cauliflower florets, beans, spinach in the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
Garnish the dish with coriander leaves. Serve over basmati rice or with Garlic Naan for dipping.