Warming Chicken Noodle Soup
Winter Soup Mix
1 whole chicken (approx. 800g-1kg)(rinsed)
Extra virgin olive oil
2 large carrots (diced)
4 celery stalks
1 large onion (diced)
1 leek bulb (diced)
250g thin noodles (vermicelli egg pasta, rice noodles or rice pasta) *
1 cup packed spinach leaves (optional)
4 tbsp soft fresh herbs (parsley, dill, chives)
Salt to season
How to Cook
1.Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a large stock pot over MED heat. Sauté the onion & half the Winter Soup Mix for 2 mins until soft & translucent. Add half the carrot & celery. Cook for 5 mins.
2. Place chicken in the bottom of the pot, fill with 2.5L of cold water or enough to cover the chicken & gently stir. Bring the heat up to boil.
3. Reduce heat to MED. Cook for 30 mins or until the chicken is cooked. While simmering, skim the impurities from the surface. After approx. 20 mins, turn the chicken to ensure all sides cook.
4. Remove chicken from stock & place onto a plate to cool. Strain stock into a jug & discard solids. Shred all the meat off the chicken, discard the skin & carcass.
5. Heat 1.5 tbsp of oil in the empty stock pot. Add leek & remaining Winter Soup Mix & cook until softened. Add remaining celery & carrot, cook for 5 mins.
6. Pour in the stock. Add ½ tsp salt & bring to a boil.
7. Add the noodles to the pot & cook according to the packet directions. With 5 mins of noodle cooking time remaining, add the chicken meat.
8. Remove from the heat, stir through the spinach and Immunity Blend.
9. Serve garnished with fresh herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste. This soup is delicious served with crusty buttered bread.