30 medium gingerbread men, or 60 small
This icing is for Gingerbread Cookies.
1 egg white
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
Food colouring (optional)
Snap lock bags
1 drop of lemon juice
Lemon peel, ground
In a mixing bowl, beat the egg white with an electric mixer until “soft peaks” form. Then start adding the icing sugar gradually, spoon by spoon. Keep beating until “stiff peaks” form.
Add a drop of lemon juice or a pinch of ground lemon peel.
For coloured icing, add a drop of food colouring of your choice to the white base, combining and adding more drops as needed until desired colour is reached.
• If you do not have a piping bag, use snap lock bags for piping decorations onto Gingerbreads.
• To easily fill a snap lock bag, put it into a tall glass and fold edges over the rim of the glass.
• Spoon icing mixture into the snap lock bag and push the mixture into one corner of the bag.
• Close the bag or secure the top of the bag by twisting it so the mixture does not come out of the other end as you pipe.
• Make a very small snip in the corner of the snap lock bag with a pair of scissors and start piping icing onto cooled Gingerbread (Lebkuchen).
Comments will be approved before showing up.