Pear & Almond Tart
Apple Cake Spice
2-3 pears, peeled, cored & quartered
¼ cup plain flour or gluten-free flour
1 cup almond meal
90g butter, softened, plus extra to grease pan
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp baking powder
1 tsp honey
How to Cook
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Grease 25cm tart case with butter.
3. Cream butter and sugar together, using electric beaters.
4. Add eggs, vanilla and salt. Beat well.
5. Add remaining dry ingredients (except pear and honey) and mix until just combined.
6. Pour mixture into the greased tin and smooth out the top with the back of a spoon.
7. Use a sharp knife to score the back of each pear quarter to create approximately 5 vertical lines on each piece. Place the pear segments on top of the tart, cut side down.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
9. Brush the top of the tart lightly with honey while it’s still warm, then sprinkle with a light dusting of Apple Cake Spice.
10. Allow the tart to cool before removing it from the tin.
Serve with cream or ice cream and toasted slivered almonds if desired.