Ramen with Pork Mince
Oishii Instant Ramen Blend
For the ramen broth:
1L chicken stock (or your choice of stock)
1 tsp Japanese soy sauce (shoyu) or light soy sauce
1 tsp mirin
¼ tsp sesame oil
350g fresh ramen noodles or 180g dry ramen noodles
For the pork mince:
500g pork mince
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
2cm ginger, finely grated
2 tbsp peanut oil
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 cup chicken stock (or stock of your choice)
Crispy chilli oil (to serve, optional)
How to Cook
Build your ideal bowl of ramen with your choice of toppings, placed on a well-seasoned and tasty broth base. Start by reading our How To Build Your Ramen Bowl for guidance. If you want to include the classic ramen topping Soy Eggs, make sure to start the marinating process four hours beforehand (although overnight is ideal).
To make the ramen broth:
1. In a large pot, bring the chicken stock up to a simmer on MED heat.
2. Turn off the heat. Add Oishii Instant Ramen Blend, soy sauce, mirin and sesame oil to the stock. Stir to combine.
3. Fill a second large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and cook according to the instructions on the package. Once cooked, quickly drain and portion out into each serving bowl.
To make the pork mince:
1. Heat the peanut oil in a large pan on high heat. Add the pork mince and brown for approximately 5 minutes.
2. Add ginger and garlic to the pan. Combine with the mince using a wooden spoon, making sure to break up any big clumps of mince. Continue to cook until the mince is nicely browned and starting to crisp up.
3. Meanwhile, combine the sesame oil, mirin, soy sauce, stock and Oishii Instant Ramen Blend in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Once the pork mince is ready, pour the stock mixture into the pan and stir through. Continue to cook until the liquid has reduced to form a glaze-like consistency and has coated the mince completely.
Spoon the hot broth into each bowl over the noodles. Divide your pork mince evenly and place into each bowl of ramen broth with Soy Eggs and Miso Butter Corn. Add any other toppings you might like – we recommend radishes, julienned carrots, nori and enoki mushrooms. Add a drizzle of crispy chilli oil for a little heat. Serve immediately.