Popcorn Cauliflower Bites
Australian Chicken Salt
1/2 head cauliflower
Rice bran oil for frying
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 cup rice flour
1/2 cup soda water (chilled)
How to Cook
1. Chop cauliflower into small (2-3cm) sized florets & toss in Louisianan Cajun Spice.
2. Fill a saucepan 6-7cm deep with oil and set to MED heat (bring to 180 °C).
3. Mix the flours & make a well in the centre.
4. Mix in the soda & egg gently to form a batter.
5. Toss the cauliflower florets through the mixture.
6. Drop a small amount of batter in the oil to test the heat, it should bubble at the edges.
7. Use a fork to transfer half the cauliflower to the fryer, cooking each piece for approx. 5 mins or until golden. 8. Repeat for the remainder of cauliflower.
9. Drain on paper towel & toss in Australian Chicken Salt to serve.
Can be used as a filling for tacos or served with ranch dip for a party snack.
Refer to our website for the recipe.