Spiced Nutty Granola
Apple Cake Spice
2.5 cups rolled oats
¾ cup coconut, shredded
½ cup raw almonds, chopped
½ cup raw cashews, chopped
½ cup raw Brazil nuts, chopped
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup dried apricots, chopped
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup sunflower seeds
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted (or macadamia oil)
3 tbsp of either maple syrup, honey or rice malt syrup
2tsp vanilla extract
Cold milk and fresh fruit of choice
How to Cook
1. Set oven to approx. 140°C. or to 120°C. (fan forced oven).
2. Pulse oats, coconut oil, maple syrup, apple cake spice & vanilla in the food processor for a few seconds, then pour into a bowl and stir through remaining ingredients, except the dried fruit (it is best to use your hands here to help bind the mixture).
3. Divide mixture across two lined baking trays and press down lightly to compact (this helps to create a chunkier style granola, as it sticks together when baking).
4. Place in oven for approx. 1 hour, checking a few times and turning your tray around if cooking looks uneven (do not stir the mixture).
5. Take out of oven when crunchy and golden, then leave to cool in the tray. Once cooled, pour into a bowl and gently mix in the dried fruit as to not break up the chunky pieces.
Tip: When stored in an airtight container, the granola lasts for up to 3 weeks.
Once cooled, transfer into a bowl and gently mix in the dried fruit as not to break up the chunky pieces. Enjoy with cold milk or yoghurt and fruit of your choice.