Salted Caramel Apple Crumble
Apple Cake Spice
For the caramel sauce:
1 cup soft Medjool dates, pitted
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
½ cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the apple crumble:
6 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup chopped raw almonds
⅓ cup almond meal
⅓ cup coconut oil, melted (or butter)
How to Cook
1. Pre-heat oven to 180° C. Grease a pie dish.
2. Make caramel sauce by putting all the ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
3. Combine in a bowl the coconut, raw almonds, almond meal, oil and 1 teaspoon of the apple cake spice. Mix well so that it becomes sticky and set aside.
4. Place a layer of the cubed apples in the dish, sprinkling with some of the remaining apple cake spice, then top with a layer of the caramel sauce. Repeat until the apples and caramel are finished. Top with the crumble mixture.
5. Place in the oven uncovered for 15 minutes, then cover with aluminium foil and cook for a further 45 minutes.